domingo, 11 de mayo de 2014

The "selfie" movement

Nowadays there is this fashion picture known as "selfie". It consists of taking a picture of yourself and posting it on the social media: Facebook, Instagram and I think it is also starting in Twitter. But as all good things it has the bad part.

Acording to a study done in the US it can cause a lot of insecurity in women, specially for teenager girls.They are constantly looking at pictures of their friends, celebrities and even from people they don't.This cause teen girls start being gelous from all them. The worst is that it can produce dangerous consequences on eating desorders because it is like a subliminal message for girls to lose weight.

However, I do take loads of selfies and I think it's funny when I'm bored.
On the one hand when looking at other girls I get gelous sometimes but in a good way. Like I'm gelous of their clothes or their incredible bodies but that doesn't mean I'm not happy with what I have. 
On the other hand I think being very skinny is not nice and I recomend everyone loving themselves.

I wish ,specially for girls, that they would stop hating their bodies and apreciate what life have give to them. And if they don't like their bodies thay can always do other alternatives like doing sport or serious diets instead of killing themselves by having eating desorders.
 
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-26952394






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario