sábado, 17 de mayo de 2014

My English progress

My name is Tiziana Muscolino and first of all I am going to talk about my progress in English from 2012 to 2014.

On the one hand writing is one of the most important skills in any language. I love writing, is one of my favorite hobbies, but I must admit that I would rather write informal than formal letters. I feel comfortable writing descriptions, opinion essays, argumentative essays.
On the other hand we should not forget to focus on listening, reading and speaking skills when learning a language. We have to be competitive in them as well.

As a result of our constant work in blogs, writing essays, reading texts and books and doing interesting listening exercises, we all have improve a lot our English.
What is more, I am able to accurate my ideas and write them in the correct order which gives the right sense and meaning to the compositions. The extension of my writings has strongly enlarged.

Therefore, it gives the needed maturity to my essays.
For instance, we can compare one of my first writings in the blog “How do I feel being a vegetarian” and one of the last ones: “Leadership in business and my future expectations”.
The latest essay shows how I am capable to give richness in content, grammar and vocabulary. I can offer different points of view, I can give my opinion in a polite, formal way, I can justify it, I can use some complex structures, I am always searching for new words and I avoid repeating them in the same text.

Moreover, in this two year courses I have the habit to work with the dictionary opened. I believe that it is fantastic so as to increase vocabulary and check the correct spelling as well.
To sum up, I really enjoyed doing the last task of English. I have learned a lot with Human Rights. It has been very interesting, although it has been sad too. I realized that there is still so much work to do, so many people still suffering.

Besides my writings I can also talk about my oral presentations.
As far as I am concerned I would like to say that I feel more self-confident speaking in public and giving a speech. My oral presentations are focused on the topic more than they used to be.
I remember the first one being very nervous.
Furthermore, I was able to keep eye contact in my last presentation. That was a challenge for me. It is clear that, when speaking in public, we should give interesting and relevant information to the audience.
On top of that a successful speech needs to be fluid and provided by suitable intonation.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario