martes, 19 de noviembre de 2013

My lovely summer

This summer was a special one, I did plenty of things.

First of all as I knew I was going to redo the last year of school I finished before. So I had four full months of summer. The first month (June) I profited to go to the beach and sunbath. In July I had the plan to go to Turkey but as you must know Turkey was having some dangerous and violents protests. In the end I wasn't allowed to go and I decided to invite the guy who I was going to Turkey with over to my house for a week. 

As I live in Ampuriabrava news go so fast through people mouth and they all knew I wasn't going to Turkey anymore. Suddenly I had a call for a job as a waitress in a restaurant. I though about it and I knew that if I didn't take the work I was going to be very bored being at home every day. I started the first week of July and I was working from 11:30 to 15:30 and from 19:30 to 24:30 or 1:00 depending on the work. It was a French restaurant ( Creperie Abri Breton), most customers were French so I was happy because I could practise my French, the others were Spanish, Catalan and a few English. If I have to be sincere I ended up dead every single day from working! It was the most tiring thing I ever did! What's more I went by foot every day because I love walking and it was only half an hour far from my house ( 2 minutes by car). 
I only had two mornings free and one of them I was asked to do English classes at the tennis club to children aged from 4 to 8 years old. As I liked children so much I accepted and I had great fun with them. It was my first experience as a techear by myself.
Talking again about the restaurant; I was the only waitress, the boss was always there but she would rather stay talking to the customers than working. When the work was crazy we used to call the daughter's boss to come and help. In the kitchen there was the son and the husband's boss, I was in the middle of a family. They treated me so good! and at nights I went to parties with the son.

When August arrived, I couldn't stand it anymore: the two works, the parties, the hot weather which made me tired... So I decided to ask my boss if it was possible to finish work earlier than we had accorded. She told me only if I could find someone to replace me, which I did. My plan was  to go to Ireland for ten days. I was invited to go to the Debs from my old school. It is a tradition and it's a shame we don't do it here. We had our nails, hair and make-up done by a hair dresser. I already bought my dress before going there in Adolfo's Dominguez shop. It was so emotional because I saw all the people and teachers who went to my class three years ago. We all stayed in an hotel. We had dinner and we danced all night long. The next morning was very sad because we had to say good bye.
During these days I also went to visit my old school and it brought me such nice memories.

When I came back to Spain from my little holidays, I spend most of the time with my boyfriend and for the first time a member of his family (his uncle) came to visit him (from Argentina). We decided to go for a few days to Barcelona, I wanted to show him the capital city and how beautiful it is.  

To sum up my summer; it was very complex and I enjoyed it so much. I leave you some pictures of it... I hope you liked this post.










No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario